If you are looking to purchase a fine bluewater cruising yacht that will take you anywhere without having to spend a small fortune to get it ready, you should take a closer look at this Nantucket Island 38, the SV PaPa, offered to market at $75,000 USD. She spent the first 20 years of her life in freshwater as she was based in Michigan and only use during the summer months. She was hauled out and put on the hard for the winter, as she was spared the harsh environment found in the tropics where sun and salt can quickly age a yacht. She does not show her age like other yachts built in 1985.
Prior owners loved and cared for this vessel, spending a great deal of time, energy and finances ($150,000+) maintaining and upgrading her. Learn more about the PaPa here!
This website is dedicated to providing information regarding one of the best cruising sailboats ever built. Although obscure and rare, the Nantucket Island Yachts are none the less profoundly unique in design, functionality, practicality, and durability. The Nantucket Island sailing Yacht provides the sailor with a word class cruiser that is well founded, safe and reliable, as well as comfortable.
Owners of the Nantucket Islanders are encouraged to email us with pictures and info about their Nantucket Island Yachts which we will review and possibly share here on this website, in the future.
Please contact us here with all serious inquiries.
Tour the SV PaPa
Features of the Sv PaPa
- In fresh water in Michigan for most of its life, which means that it was lightly used in the summer, stored most of the year and not exposed to salt and the hot sun
- Most boats of this vintage look really worn out from the salt and sun beating them to death. They are also exposed to much more down South, storms, hurricanes, bugs, mold and mildew, which take their toll on a boat
- Only three owners, including the current one
- It has had over $150,000 invested in her in recent years for upgrades
- All the systems are operational: Refrigeration, heat pumps, navigation, electrical, plumbing and safety gear
- New dingy and added swim platform
Learn more about what the SV PaPa has to offer here!